This will be in my wishlist this year, the Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Remote Control RC Quadricopter with HD Camera 720p has a lot of uses. You can use it to shoot astonishing aerial videos or aerial photo shoots, like you are filming a movie. It has stabilization system and video post-processing to get clean smooth shots. You can also adjust speed and moves in real time to compose your video sequence.
I saw this when I attending a wedding, they use the RC Quadricopter to shoot amazing aerial shot of the location and the wedding. The video was very stable and it was done smoothly, however, I must say they are professionals so for a newbie like me I don't think I can capture stable shots like they do.
Another good thing about this RC is that your HD videos and pictures are sent directly to your device.
It also has ample power in its motor that will let you fly high with acceptable speed and stay in mid air. You can control the RC by iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices.
This is real cool but it comes in a hefty price at about $276.99. This is a real powerful tool please don't use it to invade privacy you can get sued, specially for the voyeurs.
- 9 4 brushless inrunner motors. 14.5W 28,500 RMP
- 1 Micro ball bearing
- 1 Low noise Nylatron gears for 1/8.75 propeller reductor
- 1 Tempered steel propeller shaft
- 1 Self-lubrificating bronze bearing
- 1 Specific high propelled drag for great maneuverability
- 1 8 MIPS AVR CPU per motor controller
- Emergency stop controlled by software
- Fully reprogrammable motor controller
- Water resistant motor’s electronic controller
- 1GHz 32 bit ARM Cortex A8 processor with 800MHz video DSP TMS320DMC64x
- Linux 2.6.32
- 1Gbit DDR2 RAM at 200MHz
- USB 2.0 high speed for extensions
- Wi-Fi b,g,n
- 3 axis gyroscope 2000°/second precision
- 3 axis accelerometer +-50mg precision
- 3 axis magnetometer 6° precision
- Pressure sensor +/- 10 Pa precision
- Ultrasound sensors for ground altitude measurement
- 60 fps vertical QVGA camera for ground speed measurement
HD VIDEO RECORDING
- HD Camera. 720p 30fps
- Wide angle lens : 92° diagonal
- H264 encoding base profile
- Low latency streaming
- Video storage on the fly with the remote device
- JPEG photo
- Video storage on the fly with Wi-Fi directly on your remote device or on a USB key
- 3 Carbon fiber tubes : Total weight 380g with outdoor hull, 420g with indoor hull
- 4 High grade 30% fiber charged nylon plastic parts
- 5 Foam to isolate the inertial center from the engines’ vibration
- 6 EPP hull injected by a sintered metal mold
- 7 Liquid Repellent Nano-Coating on ultrasound sensors
- Fully reparable: All parts and instructions for repairing available on the internet