Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hasbro Sales are in the upswing because of Strong Demand of Girls toys

Hasbro, My Little Pony, Nerf Rebelle

Hasbro, My Little Pony, Nerf Rebelle

Hasbro, My Little Pony, Nerf Rebelle

Toymaker Hasbro Inc. reported on Monday that they are now in earning profits from last years loss because of strong sales in their girls toys category. Hasbro in their report indicated a 1st quarter profit of $32.1 billion (24 cents per share). In the same period last year, they reported a loss of $6.7 billion (5 cents per share). After adjustments for tax benefits and other items, earnings increase to 14 cents from 5 cents.

Experts were expecting an earnings of 10 cents a share. Hasbro Inc. sales go up to $679.4 million from $663.69 million, with the girls toys up 21% in the first quarter mainly because of strong marketing and strong sales of "My Little Pony", "My Little Pony Equestria Girls" and "Nerf Rebelle." Meanwhile, the boys toys increase only by 2% and preschool category sales fell 4%.

"My Little Pony" is about magical ponies who values friendship and kindness, while "Nerf Rebelle" is for sports enthusiast who wants action but built specifically for girls.

Here are the price-list for Hasbro's Girls toys:

My Little Pony
Nerf Rebelle Sweet Revenge Dart Kit $14.74  
Nerf Rebelle Pink Crush Blaster  $7.99  

My Little Pony Equestria Girls Celestia Doll and Pony Set  $14.99 

My Little Pony Equestria Girls Rainbow Dash Doll $16.99  

My Little Pony Princess Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash Figures $15.99  



No comments:

Post a Comment